Bourbon Maple Hops Blend

Bourbon Maple Hops Blend
Bourbon Maple Hops Blend
Bourbon Maple Hops Blend Bourbon Maple Hops Blend
SKU
101126 001
$9.37
Net Weight:
3.5 oz
Select Size:

The sweet, rich flavor of our Bourbon Maple Hops Blend, comes from the surprising fusion of the deep aroma of maple and the sultry pine flavor of hops. Maple’s rich sweetness and the sunny charm of tangerine greet the tongue while paprika adds its sturdy base, built upon by pungent garlic and savory onion. Chipotle adds just a touch of heat and shores up the smokey flavor of bourbon barrel smoked salt. This blend ends on a verdant note; minty and peppery Mediterranean herbs mesh with the bitter resin of hops for a strong, puckery finish. We blend our Bourbon Maple Hops Blend in small batches in our facility, to safeguard freshness and flavor in our products.

Bourbon, a whiskey made of fermented corn mash and water, is officially designated as America’s Native Spirit. A product primarily made in the Kentucky hills, bourbon has been in production since Evan Williams opened the first commercial bourbon still in Louisville in 1783. Bourbon doesn’t have to be from Kentucky—though Kentucky makes upwards to 95% of the world’s bourbon—but it does have to be produced in the United States. It has to be aged in unused oak barrels, ones that haven’t previously held wine or port or whiskey. The mash that ferments has to be at least 51% corn, while the remaining 49% can be any suitable grain, like rye or barley, or more corn. And it cannot have any ingredients in it besides corn mash and water, which is what many Kentuckians suspect is the secret to their success. The state sits on a huge bed of limestone, which acts as a natural filter for harsh minerals like iron, and imparts the water with sweeter flavors from calcium and magnesium.

 

Tips From Our Kitchen

 

Our Bourbon Maple Hops Blend covers a wide gamut of flavors, but its strong profile has to be taken into consideration. It will perk up chicken or fish, but we recommend, particularly with more delicate fish, mixing this blend into a breading for rapid pan-frying. Hops are already somewhat bitter and can turn even more so after a long time over heat, so cook quickly or stir in at the end of cooking time. This makes a beautiful seasoned mayonnaise to spread on a rich and savory turkey club sandwich, or you can use the mayo as a dip for raw vegetables. For parties, roll this into a cheese ball or mix into a fruit compote for a savory topping for cheese. Dip homemade pretzels into this for a crunchy, spicy pretzel topper or sprinkle over popcorn.

Our Bourbon Maple Hops Blend is made from maple sugar, salt, paprika, garlic, onion, tangerine, chipotle, hops, rosemary, basil, oregano, sage and marjoram.

 

Hungry for more information?

Craft Brewers Favorite Beer Spices
Holiday Spice Guide
The Salt Life
A Brief History of Bourbon

 

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size1 tsp

Amount Per Serving

Calories12

% Daily Value*

Total Fat0g0%

Saturated Fat0g0%

Trans Fat0g

Polyunsaturated Fat0g

Monounsaturated Fat0g

Cholesterol0mg0%

Sodium332mg14%

Total Carbohydrate2.4g1%

Dietary Fiber0.8g3%

Total Sugars0.9g

Added Sugars0g0%

Sugar Alcohol0.0g

Protein0.3g0%

Vitamin D0mcg0%

Calcium5mg0%

Iron0mg1%

Potassium33mg1%

*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. These values were calculated and therefore are approximate. For more accuracy, testing is advised.

4.6 out of 5
5 total ratings.

Sue F. (Verified buyer) 11/05/2021
uniquely flavorful What's not to like--bourbon, maple syrup, and mellowly bitter hops? Real imagination went into this mix!

Dwight W. (Verified buyer) 05/16/2021
Wow! The Hops ! The hops makes it really stand out. Should have called it " The Boilermaker". Whiskey chased with beer. Great on pork loin.

clifford f. (Verified buyer) 02/28/2021
Delicious Awesome gona mix some honey chipotle with it for a rib brine think its gona be a hit

Ron H. (Verified buyer) 05/23/2020
It is very good. It It is very good. It is the first one that my lady has really liked. She wants me to use it on everything I BBQ.

Kevin Y. (Verified buyer) 02/01/2020
nice rub Wish there was a more hop flavor.
OffCanvas2
Offcanvas2