Southwest Seasoned Chicken Pizza
Friday night is pizza night at our house and we always look forward to the end of the week. This is one of our favorite pizza recipes. It's hearty and filling, homemade, and perfect when you're in the mood for the bold and bracing flavors of the American Southwest. Our salt-free Southwest Seasoning has plenty of spicy flavor without being overly hot.
To control the spiciness of the pizza, you can always remove seeds from part of all of the jalapeno, since they contain the heat. We don't recommend leaving it out entirely, though, because its fresh grassy flavor adds a crisp element to this dish.
You can use your favorite pre-made pizza dough for this recipe, or make your own. Just remember that the crust should be golden brown and firm on the bottom before removing it from the oven.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 small white onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1½ Tablespoons Southwest Seasoning
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 12" pizza crust
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, onions, bell peppers, jalapenos, mushrooms and Southwest Seasoning to skillet.
- Cook 5-6 minutes on med to high until chicken is fully cooked. Set chicken aside.
- Spread tomato sauce evenly over pizza crust.
- Spoon chicken and vegetable mixture on top of sauce.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until crispy and golden.