Chinese Five Spice Pecans
Spiced pecans are one of the most popular type of party nuts and this is a palate pleasing spiced pecan recipe with a delightful twist - Chinese Five Spice! It's a bit sweet and a bit savory and ideal for holiday parties.
The five base flavors of Chinese cooking - sweet, sour, bitter, salty and savory are wonderfully combined to create this spicy nut recipe. There's also some extra sweetness thrown in from the sugar. This was a big hit with our spiced nut taste-testers (well ok, all of us at Spices, Inc. when we brought this and several other nut recipes in to try - I love this job).
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F
- Whisk egg white in a bowl until it is foamy - about 30 seconds
- Whisk in sugars, soy sauce, Chinese Five Spice and the sea salt
- Add pecans and toss to coat
- Spread an even layer of the pecans on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake, stirring every 15 minutes, about 1 hour