Bristol Bay Grilled Salmon
Wild caught, Alaskan sockeye salmon is one of our favorite proteins for the grill. Salmon is widely known for it's beneficial Omega 3's, but did you know that salmon is also a good source of Vitamin E?
'Vitamin E lowers the risk of heart disease by preventing the oxidation of low-density lipoproteins (LDLs), thus reducing the buildup of plaque in coronary arteries. Other research has found that Vitamin E plays a protective role against cancer and the formation of cataracts, and may possibly boost the immune system in the elderly.' - Wild For Salmon website
We buy sustainable Alaskan sockeye salmon from our friends at Wild For Salmon, which means we buy direct from the fisherman! Bristol Bay Salmon Seasoning was created especially for their delicious salmon that comes straight from Bristol Bay Alaska, home to the world's largest commercial Sockeye salmon fishery.
Our Bristol Bay Salmon Seasoning is savory and a bit nutty with citrusy notes and hints of herbiness and hand blended with pacific ocean sea salt, toasted sesame seeds, toasted minced onion, orange peel, ginger, lemon, black pepper, cilantro and basil.
- 4 4oz wild caught sockeye salmon fillets - with skin
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Bristol Bay Salmon Seasoning
- Prepare grill to med/high heat.
- Before grilling fish, rinse it and pat dry with paper towels.
- Lightly brush both sides of each fillet with olive oil.
- Rub Bristols Bay Seasoning into each fillet covering all sides.
- Place salmon on the grill rack over heat.
- Close the grill cover and grill for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness.
- Carefully, turn the fish once halfway through grilling.
- Using a fork, check the flesh at the thickest part of the fillet. When it is done, grilled salmon will be opaque yet moist, and will pull apart easily.
- Remove skin and serve immediately.