Chorizo and Sweet Potato Hash
Now normally we take great pride in giving you delicious and healthy meals because we all need to be watching our weight. But every once in a while we sneak in one of our favorite guilty pleasures because we also know how important it is to have an occasional cheat meal to keep your diet on track. This is one of those meals.
We love the flavor of Chorizo sausage and it certainly gives this dish a kick (if you want a lower fat meal then you can substitute the Turkey Sausage for the Chorizo). For this dish I precooked the sweet potatoes in the microwave but you could also parboil them so that they cook through when added to the sausage. This was a very quick and easy meal to put together with only 3 main ingredients, a little oil and some spice.
I am going to skip the usually good ingredients and whats bad for you in this meal. It's a cheat meal enjoy it and get back on your diet tomorrow!
- 1 lb fresh chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 lb cooked or partially cooked sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Manzanillo Mexican Seasoning
- Heat a large frying pan to medium high heat and add the sausages.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked through
- Remove from pan and set aside
- Drain some or all of the sausage grease from pan
- Add the olive oil and then the potatoes to the pan - cook on low for 5-8 minutes until potatoes are cooked through
- Add sausage back to pan and add the Manzanillo Mexican Seasoning and scallions
- Cook until hot and serve immediately