Citrus Ginger Stir Fry Linguine
This was a dish we thought up to help showcase our Citrus Ginger Stir Fry Blend. This versatile blend tastes great on a variety of dishes, but we wanted to get right to the point and show off how well it plays with other strong flavors, particularly with a rich dairy base. What better way to achieve this than make up a cheesy pasta dish and add some shrimp?!
Why Do These Flavors Work Together?
Citrus fruits are all characterized by their tart, mouth puckering flavors. Ginger on the other hand is warm and spicy. This flavor combination works because the flavors complement and do not overpower the other elements of the dish. The cream cheese adds that fatty dairy element that helps with the overall harmonization of the dish, bringing the bright flavor of citrus and the spicy ginger back to earth with its creamy taste.
How Should I Cook the Shrimp?
When you are cooking the shrimp, remove them from the heat before they are fully cooked. Remember they will go back into the pot later and will continue to cook then.
What Substitutions Can I Use for Cream Cheese?
For our Citrus Ginger Stir Fry Linguine recipe our chef used cream cheese, but you could easily use Neufchatel cheese as a replacement for cream cheese in this recipe, but also any recipe that calls for cream cheese. Neufchatel cheese has an extremely similar taste, but less calories and less fat.
What Do I Do if I Want More Citrus Flavor in my Dish?
We kept our lime on the side as a garnish, and you can squirt some lime juice onto your pasta to bring out more of that citrus flavor. This will bring out more bright flavor notes and may reduce how rich and creamy the dish tastes.
What Other Substitutions Can I Make to This Recipe?
This is a quick, easy recipe that can be adjusted to taste. If you want to add some vegetables, go for it! If you don’t think the flavor of the blend is pronounced enough, add a pinch more of our Citrus Ginger Stir Fry Seasoning!
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 8oz. Linguine
- 4oz. Neufchatel or cream cheese
- 1Lb. Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Citrus Ginger Stir Fry
- 1 Cup reserved cooking liquid
- 3 Tbsp Scallions, chopped
- 1 Lime, sliced for garnish
- Cook 8oz. linguine to al dente.
- In a skillet, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook until translucent. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add Citrus Ginger Stir Fry, cheese, and reserved water. Mix well.
- Add drained pasta and shrimp to skillet and toss well. Let simmer for a few minutes until desired consistency.
- Garnish with 3 Tbsp scallions and lime slices and serve.