Fresh Dill Mayonnaise
This recipe beats the jar stuff every time! Make it fresh and control the ingredients and fat.
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil, safflower or light vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh dill
- In a small food processor of glass bowl, process or whisk together egg yolk, lemon juice, vinegar and dill
- Add oil in a slow steady stream while whisking or processing briskly.
*my food processor has hole in the top to add oil while processor is running
- Continue whisking/processing until all the oil has been added and mayonnaise is thick
- Refrigerate up to 1 week