These nuts are a great snack for holiday parties and even better for holiday gifts. They're easy and simple to make but have an outstanding flavor that is perfect for the season.
They taste a little like a gingersnap and have a warm spicy flavor.
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat, combine molasses, brown sugar and water.
- Simmer until the mixture becomes thick and syrupy.
- Add spices, mix to incorporate. Mixture should 'foam' slightly.
- Turn off the heat and add the walnuts to the syrup and spice mixture.
- Stir to coat walnuts.
- Spread on a cookie sheet and let cool before serving.