Hill Country Spiced Pecans
Inspired by my Texas roots, these classic spiced pecans get their slight kick from our Hill Country Chili Powder. Perfectly balanced with a hint of sweet brown sugar and dried herbs, these 'Texas sized' treats are hard to resist!
To release the oils and aroma of the dried herbs, lightly crush them with the back of a spoon or with a mortar and pestle before adding to the pecans.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, salt, and herbs/spices
- In a large bowl, add pecans and drizzle them with the olive oil
- Toss pecans in oil to coat then add the spice mixture to the pecans
- Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake in oven, stirring every 15 minutes for 45 minutes.
- Let cool and store about 1-2 weeks in an airtight container.