As the weather warms up we love to fire up the grill and try different burgers as often as possible. For these Jerk Burgers we used our Jamaican Jerk Seasoning; as it has a dash of heat but won't burn your face off. If you're looking for more heat add a fresh jalapeno or Scotch bonnet chile pepper.
We tend to like our meat a bit more on the leaner side (either 90% or 96%) but for burgers we tend to drop down to a fatter meat. We usually use 80% lean so that the burgers are a bit juicier. When you start working your patties, remember to put them together quickly and be done. The more you handle proteins, the tougher the meat becomes.
This was a tasty burger and super-fast to cook on the grill. For a side you can go with one of our favorite - Sweet Potato Chili Fries. Fo even more of a flavor of the Caribbean some Tropical Mango Salsa.
- 2 Tablespoons Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 pound 80% lean ground beef
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Form patties and grill over medium coals until desired degree of doneness.
- Serve on hoagie rolls.