Maharajah Curry Coconut Spiced Cashews
When we talk to people about spices, we're always amazed at how many people are interested in curries. A good curry blend can add the most wonderful flavor to many meats and vegetables. We took this idea a step further and added our top of the line Maharajah Curry Powder with Shredded Coconut Flakes for this curry style spiced cashews recipe.
Now one of the best things about owning a spice company is that we get to test lots of recipes and for this one we liked it so much that we took it to our own family holiday get together and this was the most popular spiced nut recipe we brought (purely unscientific - it was just the first bowl that got emptied and had everybody raving)!
You could substitute other nuts, but we felt that this one just spoke cashews.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat
- Stir in curry powder and cook until combined - about 1 minute
- Add sugar, water, honey and salt to the curry and butter - heat through - texture will be slightly thick - and have a granulated or wet sand like texture
- Add cashews and toss to combine
- Spread an even layer of the cashews on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes - then remove from oven and stir in the coconut flakes
- Spread the cashews out in a single layer again and return to the oven for another 6-7 minutes - cashews and coconut should be golden in color