Mayan Coco Mugs
We thought it would never come, but Winter is now upon us. Around here that means snow and big steamy mugs of hot coco. There is just something about a nice warm, chocolately drink that can melt away the Winter chills. Our Mayan Coco Mugs are rich with a spicy flavor, a bit of sweetness and hints of mild heat.
Our Mayan Coco is hand blended from cacao powder, demerara sugar, almonds, ancho, Ceylon cinnamon, allspice and cloves. So cozy up by the fire and chase away the Winter blues with this deliciously spicy drink.
- 4 cups milk (We used 1% for the nutritional data)
- 1/4 cup Mayan Coco
- 2 oz dark chocolate squares
- Whipped cream for garnish
- In a medium to large saucepan heat the milk on medium high until it is warm/hot but not boiling.
- Whisk in the Mayan Coco, continue whisking until the powder is thoroughly combined with the milk.
- Break the chocolate squares into smaller pieces and add to the milk mixture.
- Continue whisking until chocolate is melted and coco is warmed to desired temperature.
- Divide between 4 cups, serve warm and garnish with whipped cream.