Smoked Pepper Compound Butter
Compound butter is such a flavorful, easy-to-make condiment that using it is almost like cheating. In this recipe, we used unsalted butter as a blank slate and filled it with peak-of-ripeness Tomato Flakes, fragrant green Tarragon Leaves, mineral- bright Black Lava Salt and smoky, pungent Bourbon Barrel Smoked Pepper. Just blend together and let set in the fridge. This compound butter is great on steak, but it would also be wonderful over corn, spread on crostini and topped with grilled asparagus, or melting into a cozy baked potato. Once you get the method down you can mix in your favorite herbs and spices and create your own butter blends. The possibilities are endless!
- Rehydrate Tomato Flakes in cup of warm water for 20 minutes
- Cut butter in 4 or 5 pieces place in mixing bowl and allow to soften
- Drain Tomato flakes and pat dry
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and stir with fork until incorporated
- Spoon butter onto parchment pepper and roll into a log
- Refrigerate until use