Sweet Chipotle Mixed Nuts
This is a great make ahead snack - perfect for serving at parties or gatherings. Smoky chipotle and chili spices bring out the heat while the honey carries the sweet. This recipe could become an addiction in our house!
You can swap out your favorite nuts - cashews, pecans or even small pretzel sticks would work here.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Combine honey, salt, Ground Chipotle Morita Powder, Ground Cumin, Dried Mexican Oregano and Chili Powder in a small bowl - whisk together.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg white until foamy - add the nuts and coat all well with the egg white.
- Sprinkle with the spice mix and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread nuts in an even layer on a backing sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Bake at 325 for 15 minutes, stirring once.
- Turn oven off, remove the nuts, stir and return them to the oven for another 15 minutes. (Oven should be off but warm)
- Remove from oven and transfer parchment or silpat to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.