Who doesn’t love a good burger? Burgers are such an individual thing where one has so many choices. What type of meat do you use? How do you want it cooked? What burger seasoning to use? What kind of bun are you in the mood for? What toppings should go on it?
For our Diablo Burger, we decided on ground sirloin with an 90/10 meat to fat ratio. We cooked it on the grill and seasoned it with our Diablo Burger Seasoning. We finished it off with a fresh baked kaiser roll, lettuce, tomato and our tangy whole grain mustard.
Our Diablo Burger Seasoning has an umami flavor followed by some smokiness, a nice balance of sweetness and tanginess and then finally a tiny bit of heat will hit the back of your tongue. It is hand blended from roasted garlic, toasted onion, molasses, coarse sea salt, lime zest, black pepper, shallots, brown mustard, ancho, chipotle and guajillo.
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground sirloin
- 2-3 tablespoons Diablo Burger Seasoning
- 6 kaiser rolls
- Lettuce, tomatoes
- Whole grain mustard
- Heat grill to med high heat.
- Form 6 equal size burger patties about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Generously coat the burgers with the Diablo Burger Seasoning.
- If you have time, put the burgers in the freezer for about 20 minutes - this will help them keep their shape on the grill.
- Place the burgers on the grill and cook thoroughly, about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve burger on bun with lettuce tomatoes and mustard.