Jamaican Jerk Chicken
This is a pretty spicy dish! Our island-inspired seasoning blend combines sweet and savory, and crushed chile peppers provide the heat. We complimented this grilled dish with caramelized onions, sweet peppers, corn and zucchini.
There are few different ways to make an authentic Jerk Chicken; you can use dry jerk rub or a marinade. For this dish we opted to make a jerk marinade.
This is a flavorful dish that is almost too good to be true. It's low in calories, high in protein and packed with nutrients (especially Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Selenium and Niacin). And you can't go wrong with the caramelized vegetables.
Our Jamaican Jerk Seasoning is blended from onion, coriander, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, black pepper, allspice, cinnamon, thyme, nutmeg, Scotch bonnet, clove and chives.
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1-2 Tablespoons Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Make jerk marinade by combining yellow and green onions, Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, and all other wet ingredients.
- Stir until thoroughly combined and add chicken breasts to mixture. Marinate chicken 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Throw out left over marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium high, direct heat
- Grill chicken, turning occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear, about 25 minutes. Internal temperature should reach 165 degrees.
- Serve immediately.