Raspberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars
Looking for a healthy, yet delectable treat? Look no further - these wickedly self-indulgent Raspberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars are simple to make and a healthy alternative to processed, fatty and sugary snacks. I was hooked on the first bite of these chewy, soft and full of zesty raspberry flavor bars.
Most recipes for these call for a short cut by using a raspberry jam or sugar free preserves but because raspberries are in season I opted for a Chia fruit jam as the filling for this recipe. Most fruity dessert bars, whether home made or worse yet pre-packaged, sound healthy but they tend to be loaded with refined carbs and sugar. If you’re searching for a simple to prepare clean eating raspberry oat bar you'll love this version.
Similar to a granola bars in that oats and brown sugar sort of way, these homemade bars are a perfect delight when you've picked way too many raspberries and are trying to find as many ways as possible to use them up before they spoil. The next time you're in search of a mostly guilt-free self indulgent treat these clean eating raspberry oatmeal crumble bars will hit the spot!
Oh and don't tell the kids that they're healthy - what they don't know can't hurt them.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix together whole wheat flour, oats, all-purpose flour, Shredded Coconut, sugar, and Ground Nutmeg.
- Stir in coconut oil and egg whites until a moist dough forms.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the dough.
- Press remaining dough into a 9x9 baking sheet, spreading evenly
- Spread the Chia Fruit Jam over the dough in the pan.
- Lightly crumble the remaining dough and sprinkle over the jam
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting.