When we think about healthy eating, it really is about keeping things simple. Fresh, seasonal ingredients and flavorful seasonings make dinner time delicious and healthy. This recipe is deliciously flavorful and healthy as well as quick and easy to prepare. It is perfect for summer dinner parties and the recipe can easily be adjusted for more guests.
Cod is a great source of lean protein and is high in heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids and it is an excellent choice for those who want to get the benefits of eating fish without the "fishy" taste. The flavor is extremely mind and therefore can be complimented by many different flavor profiles. For our cod, we chose to season it with our Sicilian Bread Dipping Seasoning. Although this may not sound like a typical pair, I assure you that the flavors are almost magical. Our bread dipping seasonings are special because they can be used in a variety of dishes with a little imagination.
Our Sicilian Bread Dipping Seasoning is garlicky with subtle tomato flavor and a smoky slightly sweet undertone and hand blended from garlic, tomato, smoked sweet paprika, chipotle, basil, brown mustard, oregano, bay leaves, marjoram, thyme and rosemary.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6-6 ounce cod fillets
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 1/4 Tablespoons Sicilian Bread Dipping Seasoning
- 8 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil to medium high heat.
- Season fish with Sicilian Bread Dipping Seasoning.
- Add fish to skillet and cook for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove fish from skillet, set aside and keep warm.
- Add onions to the skillet and cook about 3-5 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic and cook an additional minute, careful to not burn the garlic.
- Adjust heat to medium and add red wine vinegar. Scrape any cooked pieces off the bottom of the pan.
- Add tomatoes and continue cooking for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add fish pieces back to the skillet, cover and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes until fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve immediately by placing fish on a plate or serving dish and spooning tomato mixture on top.
- Garnish with parsley.