It just doesn't get much easier than this. Caprese is a simple tomato salad from the Italian region of Campania and is usually made of sliced fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil, seasoned with salt, and olive oil. Unlike most salads in Italy this one is typically served as a starter and not as a side dish.
We used fresh farmers market tomatoes and lettuce along with mozzarella cheese, and topped it off with our hand blended Tuscany Bread dipping Seasoning.
- 1 large slicing tomato (we LOVE heirloom tomatoes for this) or 2-3 Roma tomatoes
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- 3-4 large leave of fresh lettuce such as green leaf or butter lettuce. (I don
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper are already in the seasoning blend, so I did not feel the need to add more
- 2 teaspoons (honestly, I used about 3-4) Tuscany Bread Dipping Seasoning
- Slice tomatoes and cheese into 1/4" slices and layer on top of the lettuce leaves
- Sprinkle seasoning blend on top of salad
- Drizzle olive oil on top of tomatoes and cheese
- Serve chilled