Herb Roasted Potatoes
This recipe was one of the first ones that we added to the Spices Inc. site many years ago. It is still one of the most clicked on recipes that we have. It seems that people are always looking for easy to make, healthy dishes that can be served as a side for a weeknight meal.
Potatoes have gotten a bad rap in the past because a lot of people were searching for lower carb choices. However, depending on preparation and if portion sizes are followed, potatoes are packed with vitamins and minerals and can easily be part of a healthy meal plan.
This simple side dish is easy to prepare, full of flavor, color and texture and a delicious addition to whatever you may be serving for dinner. Leftovers can be easily mashed, reheated and paired with steamed vegetables for a tasty lunch the next day.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine the spices in a large bowl and set aside.
- Toss potatoes with the olive oil until coated.
- Add potatoes to the spice mixture and toss.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 400° for 45 to 50 minutes or until tender. Stir occasionally.