Jamaican Stir Fry
Looking for a super easy stir fry recipe with a twist? This is a very flavorful version of Jamaican Jerk chicken and everything can be prepared in advance and stir fried just before serving. You can keep this dish fairly tame or kick up the heat and spicness a notch. Spicy jerk seasoning is a critical part of Jamaican cooking. While there is no definitive recipe, you'll typically find allspice, onion, garlic, thyme and Scotch Bonnet chiles as the flavor base when made from scratch.
Our Jamaican Jerk Seasoning is salt free and hand blended from onion, coriander, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, black pepper, allspice, cinnamon, thyme, nutmeg, scotch bonnet, clove and chives, so a good option for those on a low sodium diet. High in protein and low in fat, this is a healthy choice to add to any meal plan.
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbls canola oil
- 1 LB boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbls salt free Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (or Crushed Habanero for the really brave)
- 2 rings canned pineapple, in juice, cubed
- 2 Tbls of the pineapple juice from the can.
- In a small pan, boil the potatoes until just tender. Drain
- In a large frying pan, heat oil to medium high heat
- Add chicken and Jamaican Jerk seasoning - stir fry until chicken is cooked through.
- Add bell peppers and continue cooking until peppers soften.
- Add pineapple, pineapple juice and the potatoes continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes until entire dish is heated through