Spicy Cabbage Slaw
This quick and easy spicy cabbage slaw side dish is a perfect compliment to glazed Salmon or Spiced Beef. A little spicy and a little sweet, this is not your mom's basic creamy coleslaw. You can take this Asian inspired slaw to a picnic without worrying about spoilage like most slaw. Give it a Mexican twist by using Taco Sauce instead of the Sriracha and Manzanillo Spice instead of the Salt Free Thai Spice to give a flavorful compliment to Fish Tacos. Best of all save the calories next time and give this low sodium, low fat version a try.
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha (hot chile sauce)
- 2 teaspoons Spicy Thai Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar - you can also use honey here.
- 1/2 cup dried cilantro
- 1 16-ounce package cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Combine vinegars, olive oil, Sriracha, Thai Spice & nectar in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, cilantro, and coleslaw; toss well to coat.
- Refrigerate 30 mins. to 1 hour before serving.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sesame seeds before serving