Chicken is always one of our go to meals because of its' versatility and health benefits. The only challenge can be keeping the flavors interesting and new. For this reason we're always trying out different seasoning blends and flavor combinations.
Our tandoori chicken is a delicious treat if you are looking for a traditional Indian dish that is easy to make. The mix of spices in our Tandoori Spice gives this chicken a beautiful bright hue and an extraordinary taste. By marinading the chicken in a mix of yogurt and seasonings before baking you create a crisp skin that keeps the moisture inside the chicken.
Traditionally, Tandoori chicken is cooked in a clay oven called a Tandoor which creates the smoky flavor. In this case we placed the chicken under the broiler at the end of cooking to create the same effect.
Our Tandoori Spice is a classic masala that is hand blended with smoked sweet paprika, cumin, coriander, sea salt, cinnamon, black pepper, sugar, ginger, superior saffron and cayenne pepper. This gives the chicken a savory and smoky flavor.
- 2 pounds chicken thighs or legs (4 chicken leg quarters)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Tandoori Spice
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450° (if not marinating chicken overnight).
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Place chicken, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, Tandoori Spice and Black pepper in a bowl.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or as long as overnight.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and bake uncovered at 450° for 45 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Broil chicken for about 5 minutes to crisp skin.