Buffalo Chicken Pizza
This pizza was a big crowd pleaser!! If you like hot and spicy buffalo chicken wings, then you are sure to enjoy this homemade pizza recipe. If you want to adjust the amount of spicy heat you get, just adjust the amount of hot sauce you use. And don't worry about putting celery on a pizza. This is supposed to be like a buffalo wing! The celery gave a nice crunch and mimicked the idea of wings. This would be a great pizza to put on the grill during the summer.
As for crust, you can use whatever pizza dough you prefer. Just make sure you adjust your cooking time as necessary and make sure the bottom is cooked through before taking it out of the oven!
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 12 ounces
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Black Pepper Cracked to taste
- 1 cup hot wing sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon New York Pizza Sauce Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon California Roasted Minced Garlic
- 1 12" pizza dough
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Spray chicken breasts lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Black Pepper Cracked to taste.
- Grill chicken on both side until no pink appears. Alternately, saute it in a pan until no pink appears.
- Remove chicken from grill, set aside to cool.
- When it's cool enough to handle, cut or shred chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Toss chicken in a bowl with 1/2 cup of the hot wing sauce, New York Pizza Sauce Seasoning, and California Minced Garlic.
- Spread remaining 1/2 cup of the hot wing sauce onto pizza dough, leaving a 1/2" border on the edges.
- Spread chicken evenly over the pizza.
- Spread celery and onions over the pizza.
- Sprinkle cheese over all toppings.
- Bake in oven about 10 - 13 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is crispy.
- Drizzle a little hot sauce, blue cheese, or ranch dressing over pizza for garnish.