Chicken Herbs de Provence
Many people are consciously adding more chicken to their diet for the health benefits. This is all fine and dandy, but sometimes we can get into a flavorless rut. Finding new chicken recipes that are healthy and still full are flavor can be hard to do. This chicken dish is simple and quick to make, but don't under estimate its sophisticated and delicious flavor.
This chicken dish could be baked in the oven or prepared on the grill. A very simple marinade of olive oil, lemon and Herbs de Provence create the most amazing and flavorful compliment to this light and healthy dish. We prepared this dish on the grill and the aroma of the lavender and herbs was completely spectacular! Serve with a baked sweet potato - this chicken dish is not your standard meat and potatoes fare.
We used our Herbs de Provence for this recipe, which is hand blended basil, tarragon, thyme, marjoram, chervil and lavender.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 4 oz each)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Herbs de Provence
- Prepare grill to med/high heat.
- In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice and Herbs de Provence.
- Pour herb mixture on chicken breasts - coating each one thoroughly.
- Sit chicken in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to marinate and infuse flavors.
- Grill the chicken over med/high heat for 8 to 10 minutes on each side until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
To prepare in the oven: Follow the same directions for marinating. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake, uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.