Tuscan Style Roasted Carrots
These delicious carrots can serve as a side or can act as a savory little snack. If you are particularly fond of roasted carrots to begin with, as many of our taste testers were, you will enjoy this Tuscan inspired twist immensely. You should use baby carrots or regular carrots on the smaller side of things, because if you use big carrots the cooking time will change, and with this recipe already consuming about an hour to begin with, why would you want to do that to yourself? Do not let that cook time scare you away from making this recipe, the results are worth it.
This recipe is inspired by the beautiful part of Italy known as Tuscany. Famous for its delicious foods, red wine, and beautiful art, this part of Italy is as vibrant as the sun that shines over it every day. Jeff used our Tuscany Bread Dipping Seasoning on these carrots because “well, obviously, they’re Tuscan style roasted carrots. I mean you could use just salt and pepper, but why would I when we have this blend?” The blend combines some of the most popular Italian spices and herbs and brings them together in one package.
The lemon used in this recipe helps brighten up the flavor of the carrots nicely. Our taste testers loved eating these little orange bits. Someone suggested dipping these in ranch dressing, but she kind of has a ranch dressing obsession, so we ignored that for the most part. It is probably tasty, though. You can enjoy these without any dipping sauces simply because they are so flavorful on their own, but feel free to indulge in your ranch problem if you have one, too.
- 2 lbs baby carrots (or sliced if using larger)
- 4-5 large cloves of garlic, peeled and left whole
- 1 Tbsp Tuscany Bread Dipping Seasoning
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large lemon, cut into 4 slices
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add 1 Tbsp Tuscany seasoning to ½ cup olive oil and set aside. Its best to let this rest for at least 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss carrots with garlic and olive oil mixture. Place ingredients in a roasting pan and put lemon slices on top and place in oven.
- Roast for 20 minutes, flip the carrots, and roast for 20 more minutes or until tender.
- Place pan on the stovetop on medium.
- Add vinegar and scrape bottom of pan to deglaze. Once thickened, perhaps 4-5 minutes remove from heat and serve.