The weather turns colder and the ovens turn on - it's baking time again! Blueberries and cherries are delicious when baking summer desserts, but there's just something about baking with bananas that warms the soul. The creamy texture of bananas help create a moist and delicious bread with just the right amount of vanilla to create a perfect balance.
This is an easy to prepare bread that is perfect as a snack or even as dessert. If you are making it for entertaining purposes, you might even want to make two and keep one for yourself. We brought our tester loaf into the office and it was devoured in no time!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted and softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup non fat Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 1/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda and Fine Sea Salt.
- In a food processor or mixer, combine butter, eggs, bananas, yogurt, lemon juice and Vanilla Extract and process until smooth.
- Pour wet mixture into the large bowl with the dry ingredients - stir until combined.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes (give a check after 45 minutes) or until toothpick inserted in middle of the bread comes out clean.