Chicken Broccoli Pesto Pizza
Pita pockets can be used in so many recipes - I always make sure I have them on hand especially for homemade pizza. This chicken broccoli pesto pizza is a super quick recipe that is great for lunch or a light dinner. We keep grilled chicken in the fridge for just this type of meal. Broccoli is a great way to add nutrients as well as a fresh crispness and taste to this pizza. I make my pesto with walnuts and basil instead of pine nuts as I found out the hard way that I have an allergy to pine nuts. I also prefer home made pesto since I can control the amount of oil that goes in it. You can purchase pesto in the pasta section of the supermarket and it works really swell in this recipe. A few chopped Tomato Flakes add a touch of color and a lot of flavor.
The calories and sodium intake on nutritional info in this homemade pizza is a bit high due to the store bought pesto. You can shave both of these down by making your own.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place pita rounds on a baking tray and spread pesto sauce evenly over each pizza
- Divide chicken, broccoli, Tomato Flakes and Parmesan cheese and layer on each pizza
- Sprinkle with Pizza Seasoning and Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Put pizzas on a cookie sheet or warmed pizza stone and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until the cheese on top is melted
- Let the pizza sit for a few minutes before cutting
- Cut and serve