Jamaican Jerk Grilled Chicken Kabobs
Jerk chicken is considered street food in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands, so chicken kabobs on the grill seemed like a perfect way to enjoy this spicy dish. Pineapples add a tart sweetness that really compliments the flavors and heat of the intensely seasoned chicken.
When building kabobs, you may run out of an ingredient or have leftovers of another. Go ahead and load the remaining ingredients on skewers and grill them alongside the others. Serve the extras as a side dish for those folks who want just a little extra goodness.
Not only are these kabobs delicious, but they get to go in our light and healthy category. Low in calories, fat and salt and high in protein. Serve with a Summer salad, rice or Grilled Plantains for a super easy and healthy outdoor meal.
Jerk rub has a reputation for its subtle heat and this blend won't disappoint. Our salt free Organic Jamaican Jerk Seasoning is hand blended from onion, coriander, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, black pepper, allspice, cinnamon, thyme, nutmeg, red pepper flakes, clove and chives.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 20 oz can pineapple chunks in 100% pineapple juice, separate juice from pineapple
- 1 tablespoon Organic Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 2 medium bell peppers, seeded and cut into chunks
- In a glass dish combine chicken, the juice from the canned pineapples and Jamaican Jerk Seasoning.
- Mix together making sure that all chicken pieces are coated with the marinade.
- Let the chicken marinade for at least an hour or as long as overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium high, direct heat.
- Carefully thread bell peppers, pineapple and chicken on skewers.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Place the skewers on a clean grill and cook 5-6 minutes per side or until chicken is fully cooked and registers 165 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Remove skewers from grill, let the meat rest about 5 minutes and serve.