Herb Crusted Tilapia
I am always on the lookout for good flavorful tilapia recipes that can be prepared for everyday meals. Adding spices to a dish enhances the recipe, and depending on the type and amount of spices you use, can change a recipe completely.
I actually found this recipe in a circular at my local market. While it called for fresh herbs, I used dried herbs to create more of a 'dry rub' for the fish. We found the flavor to be really fresh and delicious with the herbs, tomatoes, and lemon. Pair this fish with Lemon Rice for an easy meal that would be perfect to serve anytime.
If Tilapia is not your fish of choice, this would be a great recipe for any white fish as well as salmon.
This is a healthy tilapia recipe that is a good source of Vitamin K, Niacin, Vitamin B12 and Protein.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat or regular bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dried Chives
- 1 teaspoon Mediterranean Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Dill Weed
- 1 teaspoon California Granulated Garlic
- Pinch Coarse Sea Salt
- 4 tilapia fillets - about 4 ounces each
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup seeded, diced tomato
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Organic Mediterranean Oregano or Greek Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1/2 of a large lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper Medium Grind
- Preheat oven broiler to low
- In a dish or on a plate big enough for 1 piece of tilapia, mix bread crumbs, Dried Parsley, Dried Chives, Mediterranean Thyme, Dill Weed, Granulated Garlic, Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Brush each tilapia fillet with olive oil and coat them with the bread crumb mixture and place them on a baking sheet
- Broil for about 15 minutes turning once in the middle of the cooking process
- The fillets will turn golden and flake easily with a fork when cooked through
- While tilapia is in the oven, combine the tomatoes, Dried Basil, Greek Oregano, lemon juice and Black Pepper
- Serve with the tomatoes over each tilapia fillet